Saturday, January 3, 2009

On the tilted bed

Carolyn and I split the day at the NICU between us. I went in the morning, and found Max tightly wrapped in a blanket with only arm free (see picture at the bottom of this post). I held him for a couple of hours while he snoozed. (We did some arm exercises with the one unswaddled arm.) Before I left I changed his diaper and took his temperature. It's always a rodeo, made somewhat more difficult by the radical incline the NICU team have Max sleeping on. He woke up in the middle of it, and I took the opportunity to do some leg exercises too.

When Carolyn got there Max was back to sleep, but woke up when she picked him up. She took the opportunity to do more exercises. He fell asleep in the middle of a leg lift.

No medical news to report. His breathing seems a little more comfortable, thanks to the combination of ND tube, Lasix, and, maybe, radically tilted bed.





Max